Before You Buy a Cushion in Korea, Show the Assistant This Note

You walk into a Korean beauty shop wanting one cushion foundation. Five minutes later, you are nodding at a shade name, a finish you cannot translate, and a refill you are not entirely sure fits the case. Your face has somehow acquired a procurement department.

A better shopping question starts with what you want the product to do. Here is a short English–Korean note you can save and show an assistant. These are original example phrases, not a review of any particular product.

Start with your preferred finish

자연스럽게 피부 톤을 정리해 주는 제품을 찾고 있어요.
I am looking for something that evens out my skin tone naturally.

광이 많이 나지 않는 마무리감을 원해요.
I would like a finish that is not very shiny.

촉촉해 보이는 마무리감을 원해요.
I would like a dewy-looking finish.

Pick the sentence that describes your preference. “Dewy-looking” describes an appearance; it does not, by itself, tell you how a product will feel on your skin. If you mean the sensation rather than the look, explain that separately.

Ask about the shade, not just its number

지금 쓰는 제품은 이거예요. 비슷한 색을 비교해 볼 수 있을까요?
This is the product I currently use. Could I compare similar shades?

Bring the product name and shade, or a clear photo of its label. Treat it as a reference, not a guarantee that another range will match. If you are unsure, you can simply say:

한 단계 더 어두운 색도 볼 수 있을까요?
Could I see a shade one step darker as well?

Check what is actually in the box

본품과 리필이 모두 들어 있나요?
Does this include both the compact and a refill?

이 리필이 이 케이스에 맞나요?
Does this refill fit this case?

Point to the exact items. Similar packaging can make a hurried conversation surprisingly creative. Ask the assistant to show you the product name and contents on the box before paying.

Give yourself a polite exit

조금 더 생각해 보고 올게요. 설명 감사합니다.
I will think about it a little more. Thank you for explaining.

You do not owe a purchase in exchange for helpful advice. You can be appreciative and undecided at the same time. That is shopping, not a diplomatic incident.

Your one-screen shopping note

  • Current product and shade: ____
  • Preferred look: natural / less shiny / dewy-looking
  • What I want to compare: ____
  • Budget for the whole purchase: ____
  • Compact included? ____ Refill compatible? ____

Save the note before entering the shop. One clear preference is more useful than five enthusiastic nods. And if you leave with nothing, you have still successfully completed a shopping trip.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

The Beauty Shopping Photo You Will Actually Need When You Get Home

The Bigger K-Beauty Jar Is Not Always the Better Deal: Do This 20-Second Calculation