Your Skincare Shelf Does Not Need a Board of Directors

A skincare shelf can acquire departments surprisingly quickly. There is the bottle you meant to finish, the bottle a friend loved, and the bottle whose packaging apparently went to a better university than you did.

I work in the cosmetics business in Korea. That makes me curious about products, but it does not make every attractive jar a necessary purchase. Here is my shopping framework—not a product test or a promise of results.

Give the purchase a job

Before comparing products, finish this sentence: “I want something that feels ___ when I use it ___.” You might want a less sticky finish before getting dressed, a bottle that travels neatly, or a format you will actually remember to use. A concrete job is more useful than the word “premium.”

Compare the boring details

Write down the amount in the container, the price, the dispenser, and what you already own that serves the same purpose. A pump and a jar offer different handling experiences; neither wins a universal beauty election. Compare the cost per equal quantity rather than the size of the discount sticker.

Keep observation separate from advertising

“The label says lightweight” and “I found it lightweight” are different statements. In a useful review, I want to know who tried it, under what conditions, and what they actually noticed. A beautiful photograph cannot answer those questions.

A five-line shopping note

Purpose: ___. Existing alternative: ___. Price per equal quantity: ___. Packaging preference: ___. Unanswered question: ___.

If the unanswered question is “Why am I buying this?”, close the shopping tab for a moment. Your shelf may need an editor more than another employee.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

The Beauty Shopping Photo You Will Actually Need When You Get Home

The Bigger K-Beauty Jar Is Not Always the Better Deal: Do This 20-Second Calculation